My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, June 02, 2007

What I Just Read

I know, I know. The cover doesn't promise much. But if you're from the South and you've ever wondered what it would be like to move to the big city up North, or if you just wonder what it would be like to be a single red dot in a giant blue state, this book is for you. Plus, there's a great joke about why Southern women get pregnant so much more often than Northern women.

The author and her husband live in Columbia, Tennessee, but they've endured tours of duty at David Lipscomb University in Nashville, in Manhattan, in Philadelphia, and several other places in between. We hear from friends in Columbia that they're good folks. Of course we don't like them because she wrote a book and had it published, and we just blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

"Of course we don't like them because she wrote a book and had it published, and we just blog."

This line exemplifies why I read your blog. It almost always makes me laugh.

7:16 PM, June 02, 2007  
Blogger Nancy French said...

Hey, I blog too!

Thanks for the plug --

Nancy

9:52 PM, June 02, 2007  
Blogger Under The Mountain said...

kristen -- thanks. It's good to laugh.

nancy -- I believe you have the honor of being the first author of a book I've featured to visit my blog. You may be the only one who's still alive, but still I know you'll want to add this to your list of lifetime achievements. Tell Anna and Thomas we'll see them at the beach.

6:32 PM, June 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home